September 26, 2008

Life at BJU

Hi Everyone,

Sorry that it has been a while since I last added anything to my blog. I guess I kind of left everyone hanging. Well I have been here almost an entire month already, and I am really having a great time. The first week was extremely overwhelming. Once classes started and I got to know my roommates things started to go better. All my classes are going well. I joined a society (the sailors for all of you who are familiar with the BJU societys) and our brother society is the Cavaliers. We are having our first outing next month, and it is going to be a "dating" outing, which basically means all the girls in our society have to ask a guy out. So I am looking forward to that next month....and yes I got myself a date(: It is going to be a formal event with a murder mystery theme. I will try to take pictures to post on my blog.
I am not playing any sports this semester because life has been slightly overwhelming. I am just going to get used to planning my days with my job and my homework and using my time wisely. I might play soccer next semester if I have the time. Our society gets involved with all the sports and they do not have try outs which means if you want to play you can even if you have absolutely no experience in the sport.
My roommates are all really nice. Natalie is a senior, she grew up as a missionary in Brazil. Karis is a sophmore, she is studying women's ministrys; and finally Brittany is studying culinary arts, she brings leftovers from her projects back to our room sometimes(: The four of us get along real well.
Well I need to get back to my homework. I just got back from watching my brother society play in a football (soccer) game, and they won 5-1!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its nice to hear from u! it sounds like ur doing great! i hope to hear more soon :P

Unknown said...

Hi, Heather
It is amazing to see you out there studying and organising your social life, homeworks, job, etc. Wonder what your job is?
I always enjoyed rooming with others so I am glad you do too. I guess you've done it all your life, sharing with your sisters.
Well, now I am enjoying married life and am so thankful for God providing Lindsay to share our lives together.
Keep in touch.
Love from Tantie Lizanne

Anne: said...

I MISS YOU!!!! <3
Sounds like you are having fun though! :)
LYLAS

The Hautles said...

Grüezi Heather! Glad to hear you're getting along well. You're in our prayers!

BJA&C