December 24, 2008

Home for Christmas

Hi everyone,
I am back in Switzerland for Christmas holidays(: It is so good to be home for Christmas. I got to fly for the first time alone......scary....but i made it to the right country. I flew from Greenville spartenburg South Carolina to Charlotte North Carolina. While i was waiting for my plane in SC i got to have a skype video conference with my family(: the joys of modern inventions!!!! when i got to NC i had to wait a bit not very long. Finally i got on to the plane and was headed to Gatwick London. I don't ever mind long flights over the ocean because there are always things to do like watch silent movies, because they are charging $5 for a pair headphones): Well after my movie I slept the rest of the way and the next thing i knew the pilot was announcing landing. In London the real fun began, after being shocked by the English people even the "strickt" security checking peoples habit of calling everyone "love" i had about six hours to spend in the airport. My plane had arrived in London at 8:30 London time my next plane was going to be departing at 15:45. Alls i can say is that after living off of Teddy Grahms and a banana and thouroghly memorizing every shop in the airport i was ready to go home. The first sight i had of my home or at least Zurich was the snow all over.....not something you see very often in SC. And know the big question i made it to my destination, but did my lugage make it.......well yes it did(: after getting my stuff i meat my favorite people who were patiently waiting for me......my family(: of course i was still on american time so even though it was 18:30 my mind thought it was only 12:30 so i was awake and happy to be home. As i talked i looked out my window and started to see familier towns and places until finally mys liebe chlyne Holderbank(: and as if i could be even more happy the next day was sunday and i was going to go to my own church again with all my wonderful friends(: i didn't realize how i missed walking into a small church where i knew everyone and felt at home, a total contrast of a University church with a couple thousand people attending and at least about 30 usheres. Well i hope you all have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year(:

0 comments: